Sunday, November 3, 2013

Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 Ignition Kit

Hopefully today or soon anyway, I'll be installing the new Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 Ignition Kit I bought from LCE.

There are a LOT of nice features that come with this kit.  Crane Cams HI6 - Sold by LCE and HI-6/Digital Multi-Spark CD Ignition


  • LX92 Coil
  • Replaces the OEM coil with one that is around 12x stronger!
  • Built in Rev-Limiter
  • Ability to attach the TR-2 "Timing Retard" Adjustable in cab! (0-20 degrees selectable)
  • Ability to attach a MAP sensor for the Camden Supercharger.
  • MULTI-SPARK!!! (read: burn all that fuel for sure!, should provide a better response, and less wasted fuel!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep got it done, took a bit longer than I expected but here are the results. A note about the current state of the engine compartment :-)  It was pretty ugly in there when I first got this thing, and it's come a LOOOONG way since then with a much longer way to go.  This winter I'm hoping to pull this old 240k mile engine and replace it with a 2.6L Stroked and Supercharged engine.  I'm hoping that'll bring about 250-300hp.  When I do that I'll completely repaint and resolve any outstanding cosmetic issues in there.  Until then I'm still in the fitment stages of where I want everything, and making sure things work and are clean.


Update a few days after this post I found out how to get the rev-limiter set correctly...I've set it to 4,500 rpm.  And it kicks ass on Burn outs :-)  And sounds knarly!

No comments:

Post a Comment